Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 26, 2010

La Sombra

I had been hearing about a new restaurant on Burnet by the name of La Sombra.  We finally made it there on Friday night.  I was there with Jo, Zach and Abby.  As usual, Abby did not want to eat anything.  I am getting used to just going to places whether Abby likes it or not.  Otherwise, I would never get to eat at any restaurants.  I had the Torta De Pescado.  It was very good.  It was beer battered fish, jicama, cabbage and chipolte slaw on a bolillo.  It was a great mix of flavors and textres.  Not fishy at all.  It is served with a side and I chose fried sweat plantains.  They were incredible.

Jo had a torta as well.  She had the Chacarero.  This was a torta with Shiner Bock marinated sliced hanger steak, green beans, avocado, tomato and pickled cucumber on a toasted bolillo.  I tried this torta and it was also a great sandwich.  She had chosen papas fritas as the side.  The fries were very tasty.

Zach had Aji De Gallina Risotto which was a roasted chicken risotto.  He indicated that it was very good as well.  

This experience was a winner.  I will have to go back and try some of the other menu items.  I look forward to having the Risotto in the future.

Doing my part to Keep Austin Weird

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment